Re: sound problem with Dell 510m - also Gateway Solo 2150

Hi

I saw your email to julien bossart <julienfedora gmail com> asking for more
diagnostic information.

I have a similar problem (no sound) with my Gateway Solo 2150. It is
currently running FC4 and is up2date as of last night.

The attachment includes info on the chip (Creative Labs), all of the
commands you asked Julien to send, and also output from alsomixer which
thinks it is an Ensoniq (maybe can be both..)

Hope this is useful.

Bob Gustafson