sound problem with Dell 510m - also Gateway Solo 2150

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 28 21:59:36 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 28.07.2005 schrieb Bob Gustafson um 23:30:

> I saw your email to julien bossart <julienfedora at gmail.com> asking for more
> diagnostic information.
>
> I have a similar problem (no sound) with my Gateway Solo 2150. It is
> currently running FC4 and is up2date as of last night.
>
> The attachment includes info on the chip (Creative Labs), all of the
> commands you asked Julien to send, and also output from alsomixer which
> thinks it is an Ensoniq (maybe can be both..)

Creative Labs places Ensoniq chips on some of their card models. See the
soundcard matrix at

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix

to get some info about which driver is used by ALSA for which card model
and which cards have support.

> Hope this is useful.

Not really, please see:

$ file /home/adalloz/sound.bug
/home/adalloz/sound.bug: BinHex binary text, version 4.0

Please attach such information in a plain text format. At least I have
no way to check the content of the "sound.bug" file.

> Bob Gustafson

Alexander

Serendipity 23:55:45 up 13 days, 4:28, load average: 0.39, 0.23, 0.19