now KDE packages can't be updated via "yum"

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Fri Jul 29 01:07:29 UTC 2005

From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de>

> The problem is overlapping content in repositories, which are either not
> meant to be used together or which are not tested for compatibility at
> all. The problem gets worse when a repository replaces Fedora Core
> packages and moves you farther away from the tested base distribution.

I am using this repo since KDE 3.4 was released. Upgraded it on FC2, later i
upgraded FC2 to FC3.
(FC2>3 was a hell but thats another story and is somewhere at the list
archive).
I have mixed a lot repo's and as today still no bad deps shit.

Also on a FC3 box, i installed that without GUI. later on i did install X
and gnome and the KDE 3.4 from the repo mentioned. All is working fine and
no problems. yum update once in a time is doing good jobs.

But maybe i do not use packages that other users are using that breaks
things....

Danny