APM Kernel Support

Lovell Mcilwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 01:42:11 UTC 2005

Even though APM is supposed to be compiled into the kernel on FC4 "so I understand", is there
documentation somewhere that explains how to recompile the kernel with APM support?  I have tried
googling it but really didn't have any luck on finding something specific to APM.

I have tried the following (That makes me believe there is no Kernel Support):
Append acpi=off in the grub.conf file, I tried to susped my machine and I got the following:
They Suspend Command '/usr/bin/apm -s' was unsucssful" and if I do it from the command line it tells
me "No APM Support in Kernel".

That is the same error that I get when I don't have "acpi=off" to the grub.conf file.