Prelink eating all my resources

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:21:47 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups stop
>
> is the command to stop it. There is also a wrapper script to this
> called 'services'
>
> > Also, what other services can be safely disabled, before I man them all.
>
> other than "trial and  error" ?  there was a neat story on slashdot
> today where they showed that in windows you could actualy run the
> system without ANY services running, even IE !
>
> peter

I just thought that maybe is was known that there are certain
services, such as cups, that are not essential on many systems. I'll
figure out what I can do without with man (and trial and error).
Thanks, Peter.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/361/mullins_shawn.php
Mullins, Shawn Song Lyrics