SELINUX - Why?

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Fri Jul 29 14:17:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:34:42PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> However, I am not convinced that it is sensible to run selinux
> on a small home network with three or four computers on it.
> The problems selinux causes are out of all proportion
> to the insurance it might supply.

Personally I think that its vital that selinux becomes the norm on home
systems. You only have to look at the thousands of zombie windows PCs out
there, spewing out spam, enaging in DDoS blackmail of major websites etc,
to realise how important it is to have security in depth on home systems.

Even if your own files don't matter, its important to remain secure for
the benefit of the community.

--
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand.