Fedora Core 4 & SATA: Installs fine, panics on reboot

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Fri Jul 29 16:27:12 UTC 2005

I just installed FC4 on a new Dell Optiplex GX280.  Install went fine
onto the drive, which is SATA.  On reboot, kernel panicked, unable to
find any logical volumes.  So, the installed kernel must not have SATA
support whereas the kernel that the installer CD boots must have.

What's the easiest way to fix this at this point?  I've googled and
checked this list's archives, but everything I've found thus far related
to people who couldn't even install because Fedora's installer could not
even find the SATA drive.  However, since my install went fine, I appear
to have a slightly different problem.

Thanks,
Fran

--