swap file vs. swap partition

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:25:38 UTC 2005

On 7/30/05, akonstam at trinity.edu <akonstam at trinity.edu> wrote:
> All the above is true but as you have probably figured out, swap
> partitions need to be decided at installation. But if you need more
> swap space later swap files are an option.
> --

> For myself, I can only say that I am astonished and somewhat terrified at
> the results of this evening's experiments.  Astonished at the wonderful
> power you have developed, and terrified at the thought that so much hideous
> and bad music may be put on record forever.
>                 -- Sir Arthur Sullivan, message to Edison, 1888
> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> telephone: (210)-999-7484

The following article outlines the steps for creating a swap partition
after the installation:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/s1-swap-adding.html

It is for RH8, but it should work with Fedora. As a matter of
courtesy, I was refered to the article on the forums at
LinuxQuestions.org.

Dotan Cohen
http://song-lirics.com/sl/artist/339/megadeth-lirics.php
Megadeth Song Lirics