MRI Print server

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 17:40:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

In a box of junk I recently bought in a car boot sale, I found quite a
nice surprise - an MRI parallel port print server. I've plugged it into
my laser printer and into my switch. All the lights are lit (well, power
and TX).

Only problem is that my router won't assign an IP address to it (I have
a feeling it was a static IP previously) and so I can't actually get
onto it.

I've fired up win4lin, installed psadmin to see if that helps, but that
won't detect the print server (which if it's on a static IP, that
wouldn't surprise me!).

Does anyone know if it's possible to do an IP reset on these things
without knowing the original IP address or if there is a default address
I can try?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Some people will do anything for a woman in uniform" - The Doctor -
Unregenerate (Big Finish audio)