Orinoco Gold 8470-WD on CF4

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Sat Jul 30 19:38:01 UTC 2005

I was not going to comment on the Atheros because I haven't
pursued it to the bitter end, but I got to the point of
running "make modules" on the MadWifi driver and got the
message that uudecode was required. (I got to the same point
on Ubuntu Warty before giving up.) I figured that if the
build procedure required an obsolete email package, who
knows what other weirdness would turn up along the way. But
I suspect that uudecode is present on these distributions
and that a look through makefiles and scripts might find a
fix.

Andy