Our (US) $s at work.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 31 02:40:30 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>On 7/30/05, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>There should be 13 month in a year and 28 days in a month. The middle of
>>the night should be midnight and the middle of the day noon. The first
>>day on the moon should be the first day of the month and the last day of
>>the moon should be the last day of the month.
>>

>That doesn't work. 13 does not divide evenly into the 365.24 rotations
>the Earth performs as it revolves around the Sun once. Nor does 28
>divide evenly into the 27 days and 8 hours that elapse for every cycle
>of the moon.

13 does breakdown to leaving one extra day a year that would need to be
added to a month somewhere or left alone as month 14.
The moon concept would be harder to deal with than current daylight
savings time. Shifting time by 16 hrs each month end.
Thanks for the statistics why our calander based on moon cycles is so
inappropriate.
Forget daylight savings time and all the other arguments, let the moon
cycles govern months (every 27 days and 8 hrs) and come up with
something more appropriate for syncing the earths rotation around the Sun.

Very  off-topic but at least a learning experience.

Jim

--
Windows: The answer to a question nobody has ever asked.