Rdesktop link to Windows XP Home Edition ?

disguised.jedi at gmail.com disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 02:46:34 UTC 2005

On 7/30/05, Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used rdesktop to link to
> a machine running Windows XP Home Edition?
>
> As far as I can see, Windows XP Home Edition
> does not support Telnet server or Remote Desktop
> (as Windows XP Pro does).
> It does support "Remote Assistance",
> and I see from the archive for this list
> that some claim one could use this
> to login to a Windows machine from a Linux box.
> Unfortunately none of the postings I have seen
> explains how this is done.
>
> Has anyone actually linked Linux to WinXP Home in this way?
You could try VNC.  I use Ultr at VNC and it works great on Windows.  I'm
sure there's a linux version!

www.google.com/search?q=VNC+linux

HTH,

--
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free