Re: Orinoco Gold 8470-WD on CF4

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 09:36 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
> >
> > An alternative to MadWiFi is ndiswrapper which facilitates the use of
> > Windows drivers. Having used both on Atheros for some time, I get VASTLY
> > improved performance with ndiswrapper (YMMV). Ndiswrapper is available
> > from the Dag repo. The source and docs are here:
> > http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
>
> Unfortunately, when I tried ndiswrapper with the D-Link card, I kept
> finding new and interesting ways to crash the kernel.

I use a vanilla kernel with 8k stacks for ndiswrappers. Then I added
netprofile=wireless to the grub command line for that kernel after
setting up the "wireless" profile.

YMMV but I have found that the performance is is astonishingly better
than I get with madwifi.
--
Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm