MyOSS Magazine - Edition 2 Available Now

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Jun 1 00:09:41 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Just wanted to announce that MyOSS Magazine - Edition 2 (Oh My Gosh!
It's Edition 2) is now officially hitting the street. This is a
community driven project which aims to publish monthly.
(Sorry if this is considered as spam).

Open Source Power Management
Power management is sort of like the holy grail when it comes to laptops
and one main reason why power management in *NIX needs work is due to
the large variety of laptops in the market. Each with their own unique
implementation of ACPI and etc. As such, ACPI will be different in
different laptops and that's where the headache begins. Well, ever
wanted things to "Just Work" when it comes to power management under
*NIX? Well, look no more because we show you the steps needed to get
power management to "Just Work".

Open Source PBX/PABX
If you didn't already know about the newest kid on the block, Asterisk,
I suggest you take time out to read about this wonderful new software
based PBX/PABX which rivals even the best of hardware PBX/PABX out there
in the market. With loads of features to match, and a very affordable
price to match. What more do you want? (More? Well, request it and your
wish may come true!)

Daemon's Advocate
We take you through a tour of FreeBSD and provide you with the facts why
you should consider FreeBSD as a FOSS(Free and Open Source Software)
development platform.

Virtualisation
There are 4 main technologies when it comes to virtualisation in the
Open Source World, and we will bring you up to speed with these four
technologies and what they can do for you.

Tip of The Month
Our resident tipster brings to your even more tips to make your life
easier.

Book Review : Free as in Freedom
Richard Stallman's new book detailing his crusade for Free Software.

And More!!
      * Developing OpenOffice.org
      * Libexpect
      * Server Debugging