Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi

Bill Johnson bill at johnsonacres.com
Thu Jun 2 01:14:46 UTC 2005

I recently posted about problems I was having with Madwifi.  It was a
horrible struggle to set it up under FC1, and now I'm going nuts again
after installing FC3.  I am not particularly happy with an 802.11A
network anyway.  My working distance from the access point is only a few
feet.

So, I'm thinking of canning the current setup and going to an 802.11B or
G setup.

My question for the list - is there a PCMCIA 802.11B or G card that will
work with Fedora Core RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX?  In other words, I want to
just plug it in and configure it using the built in network
configuration tools of fedora, with out having to compile or make or any
other such stuff.  I used to enjoy that stuff, and actually make my
living doing it, but just simply don't have time for it right now.  I
need a working laptop now.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Bill