Japanese Input with iiimf

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Jun 3 03:30:42 UTC 2005

Jens Petersen wrote:

> Mark Sargent wrote:
>
>> chose iiimf, and restarted x server, but, nothing in the way of any
>> way to use J in apps. I was expecting to see a small app appear on
>> the bottom panel. Have I missed something?
>

> Please see the i18n faq:
>
>   http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html
>
> too. :)
>
> Cheers, Jens

Hi All,

ok, I'm a little confused. On that page, it talks about locales. And, it
sems to me, to use the input tool, u gotta be in Japanese locale, to use
J. Have I misunderstood it.? And, just in case, although I doubt it,
that someone who wrote the faq is reading, that's a terrible faq..It
speaks to you as if you are a techy person, right off the bat. An
avergae user would be stumped, to say the least. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.