FC3 installer can't detect 250GB sata drive

Jared Buck JBuck814366460 at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 04:48:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 20:12 -0700, Deepak Shah wrote:
> hi,
>    I am new to linux. I have WD hard drive. Can not
> install FC-3 from ISO image. The BIOS is set to read
> CD first. However it would boot and load FC-3.
>    Please help. Thanks.
>   Dee

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Deepak,

Did you check to see what is on the CD you burned?  if it's just the
one .iso image, then you just made yourself a coaster.  A common problem
with people who burn .isos is they forget to burn the CDs from the .iso
image by selecting "burn CD from .iso" on their CD-burning
software.  .iso files are like zip files - they're compressed versions
of a series of files.

When you select burn from .iso, the CD-burning program will extract the
contents of the .iso onto the CD.

Your computer should be able to recognize the burned CD and run the
installer from the CD.  If it doesn't, you probably did something wrong
when you burned the CD.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Jared