backup of System State

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:36:36 UTC 2005

> Hi Ankush
>
> well, i dont exactly understand what youre trying to do, you want to
> backup your current system as an image?, you want to backup all your
> configs? you want system statistics? what exactly are you trying to do?

Hey,

 I want to backup NIS database/maps ,dns ,dhcp configurations,Ldap etc.

I wanted to know how to backup even though many services are not
running in my office.But knowing them how to backup them is vital.

For postfix,squid and for some other services one has to just backup
their config files and restore them in case of need .

But what about Ldap configurations,NIS maps how to back them up.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover