Squirrelmail and HTTP

Steve de Carteret steve at dtnpro.com
Mon Jun 6 20:05:29 UTC 2005

dan wrote:

> Steve de Carteret wrote:
>
>> I am attemtping to use Squirrelmail on a Sendmail Server behind a
>> company firewall.  The firewall forwards HTTP requests to a Windows
>> IIS box.  I can re-set the HTTP to listen on an alternate port just
>> fine, and forward that port through the firewall, but when I do, the
>> Squirrelmail doesn't want to play.  Anyone have an idea how to reset
>> the Squirrelmain config?  Or am I missing something else?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Steve -
>
> Squirrelmail could care less what port the web server is listening on.
> Are you running SM on this IIS server, or on another?
>
> I also suspect that the whole port-forwarding mechanism is broken, or
> you've set something wrong.  Look into that.
>
> Thanks
> -dant

SM is running on FC2.  It works fine internally on my network with
default ports configured.  When I redirect http to another port, the
http default page responds, but SM gives a "Cannot connect"  error
message.  This is the case for both internal connections as well as
through the firewall.

Thanks,
Steve