tools for iRiver mp3 player

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Tue Jun 7 10:45:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:06:41AM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:

> > Does anybody know if the available apps for iRiver iFP-8xx and/or
> > iFP-9xx players like 'ifp-line/ifp-gnome' or 'libifp/ifp_gui' have
> > ever been considered for inclusion in fedora extras?

> I haven't yet seen a graphical "ifp-line"-using application that gets
> filenames with spaces right.  So many applications just build up a
> "command line" and pass it to system(), rather than building up a list
> of arguments.  This is almost never the right thing to do (see
> http://cyberelk.net/tim/articles/cmdline/).

> That said, ifp-line itself works very well for me.

I use ifp-line without problems myself on my laptop with Ubuntu.
I am considering compiling it for my desktop with FC3-x86_64.
(I have no experience with ifp-gnome or ifp-gui).

> Are you volunteering to make and maintain a Fedora Extras package
> of ifp-line?

Even if I had the abilities to make an rpm package I wouldn't
volunteer. I am old enough, 71, to rest on my laurels. Let the
young ones do the work :)

Alexander