tools for iRiver mp3 player

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Wed Jun 8 10:25:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:46:56AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

> I have two ifp-799's and installed the UMS (USB Mass Storage) software
> from iriver.com, not the the americian site (which had no clue).  It
> allows drag and drop file transfers.  Mount the player as a usb drive
> without using any special software.

Why did you choose the UMS option instead of the manager option?
I thought this was slightly more work: mounting the drive, using a
simple data base to get a neat arrangement of files on drive, etc.

Ifp-line works quite well if you don't mind using the command line.
(It seems to work with mc as an interface but I have not tried this yet
 as I never install mc and don't like it).

Alexander