Boot from CD when the BIOS does not support it.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Jun 8 15:49:38 UTC 2005

Around about 08/06/05 16:32, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) typed ...
> Does anyone have a canned grub.conf file I can
> use to build a bootable floppy that will tell
> the machine to use the cd file system as the
> boot device?

   Not canned, but you need a grub.conf with just something like:

rootnoverify (cd0)	# not sure of syntax here, check 'info grub'
chainloader +1

   That should work.  I do a similar thing the other way around (boot
off CD, with option to boot off HD).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature