FC4 torrent

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 9 14:33:26 UTC 2005

James Kosin wrote:

> I would have voted against also...  What happens is everyone makes a
> MAD rush to get the latest version and ends up complaining about the
> issue over and over again.
> If it counts, it is only (and should only) be available 2-3 days
> before for all the mirrors (legit ones) to sync up with the few
> servers @ fedora to get the information.  When the official day comes,
> everyone can get the information from all the servers and mirrors
> without too much trouble.
> This is how it was suppose to work.....
>
> What usually ends up happening is everyone knows this and starts
> POUNDING all the servers for the release...  and everyone complains
> because they can't get the newest release a single day before the
> official release date.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> James Kosin

And I am going to wait a few weeks for all the repos to get the
necessary packages out as well so I won't be one of those "pounding"
the servers looking for the latests.  :)

I wouldn't announce any of the torrents anyways, even if they are
populated before.

As I tell my kids, be patient.  You will get it in the end.  :)
--
Robin Laing