"Invalid File Contexts' email revisited

Steven Shaw rockthing at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:30:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, but
was there ever an answer to the question about  "Invalid File Contexts'
email?
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg02696.html

I JUST finished installing FC3 about 4 hours ago.
I've already recieved an email titled "Invalid File Contexts" with a list of
files.

I saw a related thread about /var/tmp being filled up with badcontext.
files.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-September/msg01481.html

I, however, have a completely empty /var/temp dir...

My machine hasn't even been up for half a day
and I have yet to run Mozilla or even X. (no graphical boot for me)
'date' and 'emacs' are the only things I've made any changes with.
Is it possible that changing the system date caused some file contexts to
become 'invalid'?

At any rate I see that I can run a command called 'restorecon'.
This takes a 'path' arguement.
Do I really have to just run restorecon every time I get this mail? (once a
week apparently)
It seems kind of troublesome to have to type commands to fix things that
aren't broken...
I feel really lazy for asking that question, though.
Routine maintenance, I suppose. If that's the way it is then I'd just like
to know for sure.

I've spent the better part of the last 2 hours searching for ANY substantial
information on this topic.
Mostly I've found forum posts linking google searches that link back to the
same forum post.
Not very helpful.

I used the 'Search fedora-list for:' tool, but it turned up nothing on
"Invalid File Contexts",
even though the reason I had decided to join fedora-list was because of
finding an archive site listing the post here about the issue.
http://www.archivum.info/fedora-list@redhat.com/2004-11/msg02709.html

I eventually sorted by author and
just used my eyes to find the November post by Patrick J. LoPresti.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg02696.html

There seem to have been no follow-ups.

Mr. LoPresti, did you ever find an answer to your question?

Thank you for any time you may have to respond to my inquiry,

-S

http://www.busaichedelic.org

Love is the Law. Love Under Will.