FC4 feature list?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 19:20:44 UTC 2005

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> I want to draft an explanation to higher-ups about what benefits come
> from upgrading a server to FC4 (aside from the basic one of getting
> the latest of all included packages). FC3 came with targeted selinux
> (and for workstations, a new KDE and Gnome), according to the
> "Overview of this Release" section of the release notes at
> <http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/>. Is there an
> equivalent list of important features of FC4?
>
> In effect, I'm looking for the executive summary that we'll see in the
> trade papers next week.

Release notes will be available in an hour or so here:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/
In particular read the section "New in Fedora Core 4" section which
provides exactly what you asked for. A new installation guide for Fedora
Core 4  and other documentation will be published in a couple of days
and you will likely hear about it when its done in the fedora
announcement list. If you are too excited and  cant wait for that,  read
the instructions on getting all the available documentation  from CVS

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

regards
Rahul