mouse/time

Botond Kardos Botond.Kardos at essnet.se
Fri Jun 10 20:30:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:39 +0200, Tamas Hegedus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Precision with an usb mouse; running Fedora 3, kernel
> 2.6.11-1.27_FC3smp.
>
> I have 2 problems:
>
> 1. the mouse freezes ones a day or twice in 10 minutes (the uhci_hcd
>              and ehci_hcd modules are loaded).

    Try to downgrade to one of the official 2.6.9 kernels (you can find
links to them here in the list). I don't grant the mouse won't freeze
anymore but it will do this more seldom.
    I don't know what's wrong with newer kernels and the USB mouse but
it may be something related to heavy CPU load and IRQ sharing.
    Cheers,
    Botond