Printer Sharing in FC3

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 11:59:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:46:17PM -0700, Steve & Julie Croteau wrote:

> Greetings,
> Attempting to print share with two FC3 boxes behind a router without success.
> I'm very new to this so be gentle.  Does anyone know where I can find a
> simple 'how to' on this subject?  I haven't been able to find one.

Use the System Settings->Printing tool from the menu on the server.
Right-click on the queue you want to make available and click
'Sharing...'.

On the client, just make sure that inbound UDP port 631 is allowed
through the iptables rules.  You might need to configure that using
the System Settings->Security Level tool.  Actually the fact that you
might need to do this is a bug. :-/

There is no other set-up needed on the client: it will automatically
discover shared queues on other machines.

Tim.
*/