Dual Boot Problem

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 18:08:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Jessica L. Veltman wrote:

> I tried doing all of that, but the results were the same. After the
> installation restarted, my computer booted straight into Windows again.

If you are going straight to windows, either grub isn't installed at all,
or it is installed in the boot sector of a partition that isn't being
booted from. Boot into rescue mode (from the cd type linux rescue), look
at (/mnt/sysimage)/boot/grub/grub.conf to see where grub thinks it is
installed, and if it is on a partition rather than the mbr, use fdisk to
see which partitions are bootable, and make this one the only one that is.

	Michael Young