FC3->FC4 upgrade hangs whilst installing kernel-smp package

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 14 19:05:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 19:02 +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Paul> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>     >> I'm upgrading my test system from FC3 to FC4.  Because I don't
>     >> have a working CD drive at the moment, I'm installer from disk,
>     >> using a /boot/installer directory with the vmlinuz and initrd
>     >> from disc1.iso placed there, and a GRUB entry pointing to it.
>
>     Paul> Does the grub entry have "ramdisk_size=8192" on the "kernel"
>     Paul> line?
>
> I shouldn't think so - I just reused the entry for FC1->FC3 upgrade.

The Fedora Core install CD boots the kernel with that option (the initrd
for the installer contains just about all the possible modules, which
makes it significantly bigger than a regular initrd), so it could be
worth adding that option. I doubt that that's what causing your problem
though.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>