eric3 (python IDE) requires PyQt with QScintilla support

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:29:35 UTC 2005

Has anyone built RPMs for running eric3 on Fedora Core 3 or 4? This
looks like a great IDE but been it's a pain to install on FC4. It
appears that QScintilla and a QScintilla-enabled PyQt installation are
both required.

I did notice some packages here:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/ ...but I'm unable to
get eric, PyQt-qscintilla, qscintilla to install since they depend on
Python 2.3 (FC4 uses Python 2.4). Has anyone been able to install the
kde-redhat packages on FC3? I gave this a shot, but PyQt-scintilla
(from kde-redhat) requires PyQt v3.14.1, but 3.13-1 was installed with
FC3, and trying to install kde-redhat's PyQt leads to a bit of
dependency hell (their PyQt needs different qt and sip packages).

eric3 (like a million other things, I'm sure) would be a great thing
to see in Extras.

--
Adam Monsen
http://adammonsen.com/