OT: GPL Question

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Tue Jun 14 22:29:23 UTC 2005

Hi all

Thank you for your time and interest in my question.

I would like to clarify some points.

The client that requested the software to be built argues that he doesn't want
to redistribute the source code and does not want to give distribution rights
to the people he sells the product to.

So technically, could I do this:

1. Release my product as propriety licensed software without the icons and the
LGPL'ed code  ->Yes

2. Either put in the same release a package 'module x', licensed GPL, package
'icons', licensed GPL
or
Should I release them seperatly from the product and with a different license
(GPL this time)
or
Can I release the GPL'ed code as patch, with a GPL for that patch?

The posibilities are legio but I want to be very carefull and fully respect
legislation.  I am afraid I'm not that good an artist to design the icons
myself...

Thank you

With kind regards

Andy