SELinux on single-user box?

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:01:07 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm not trying to start a flamewar or anything, this is an innocent question:

Is there any compelling reason to run SELinux on a home system that is
mainly "single-user" if you are running a well-configured firewall
with almost all services turned off or filtered?

I notice a lot of posts (the NVidia driver one most recently) that
report problems going away when SELinux is disabled.  I don't enable
it on my home machine for this very reason.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves