PKI SSL

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jun 15 19:33:19 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 15.06.2005 schrieb Ian McKinnon um 20:57:

> I have been doing some reading up on PKI SSL which, while very nice, seems a
> drastic change in the procedures of setting it up in FC4 compared to many of
> the howtos for self signed certificates for FC3.
>
> Can someone point me to a decent site for setting up self signed certs for
> apache under FC4?

The way you create the certificates (or a CA) did not change - still
OpenSSL is used to do so. Just the locations changed, for Apache2

SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.key

See /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:31:42 up 22 days, 20:09, load average: 0.14, 0.11, 0.13