Find Warning..

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Jun 15 21:41:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:39:30PM +0200, Jos? Javier Cuadrado wrote:
> Hello i just did a fresh install of FC4 and when i do a find i get the following warning. Any tips to fix it?
> Thanks in advance
>
> find / -name <whatever>
> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.
> --
Running find on /proc is bound to cause problems. /proc is not a real
filesystem it is simulated filesystem created by the kernel to hold
various characteristics of your system. You can cat /proc/cpuinfo
but you can't : vi cpuinfo
for example.

No violence, gentlemen -- no violence, I beg of you!  Consider the furniture!
		-- Sherlock Holmes
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University