headers subdir missing in FC4 updates directories

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 16 07:22:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 00:26 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 16.06.2005 schrieb Jonathan Ryshpan um 0:04:
>
> > > The repository format using the headers directory is obsolete. yum
> uses
> > > a different metafile formate since some time. up2date on FC4 should
> be
> > > aware of the change. What specific error do you face? Maybe  show
> the
> > > output from CLI usage: up2date-nox -u
> >
> > Your wish is my command, or at least my computer's:
> >
> > 999 rhn # up2date-nox -u
> > There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message
> was:
> >
> > An HTTP error occurred:
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/4/x86_64/headers/header.info
> > Status Code: 404
> > Error Message: Not Found
>
> Can we guess you have upgraded to FC4? You then have an
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file with obsolete entries and a
> sources.rpmnew file which you should use.

Almost certainly I'd think. It's important to read through
~root/upgrade.log after doing an upgrade and look for config files that
have been saved as .rpmsave or .rpmnew files; these usually indicate
that some changes will be needed (a merge of the relevant parts of the
old and new config files) for the affected files. Lots of people seem to
forget to do this, and strange problems like this one are the result.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>