Not very happy with FC4

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Fri Jun 17 13:23:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:21:47AM -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> > 3) Backspace does not work when using vi(m) in xterm (or in mutt
> >    under xterm). When using vi(m) in gnome-terminal backspace works
> >    correctly.

> This is fixed using the bugzilla note you ere referred to 155538
> Just insert the line: *ttyModes: erase ^?       <-- this is the backspace
> before the change.

> and thes problems are fixed.

I did this after Alexander Dalloz referred me to the relevant bug
in bugzilla where this was mentioned and indeed this fixes the
bug when using vi(m) in an xterm but I still see this curiously
enough when using vi in mutt in an xterm. So it is 50% fixed for me.

I will walk through all this again tonight and see what happens.

Alexander