Up2date has extras fixation

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:36:56 UTC 2005

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> No matter which up2date channel I select -- or don't select, I keep
> getting a long list of available packages from the 'extras' channel. Has
> anyone else noticed this?  A bug?

I'll tell you what I've noticed with up2date: the system-tray button
shows a blue checkmark even though updates are available on
updates-released, or any channel other than base. I tried to configure
sources.list using repomd channels, each pointing to a named .repo file
in /etc/yum.repos.d/. But if the update is not in base, then up2date
won't see it.

/Unless/ I launch up2date and ask for an update scan. /Then/ it will see
any updates that are available in any enabled repository.

I've had to solve that problem by getting used to running yum -y update
every morning, just to make sure that I don't fall behind.

Temlakos