OT: Fedora Core 4 can further relase as 4 release 1

Nathan Grennan fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org
Sat Jun 18 18:42:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 01:49 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to installation problem in Fedora Core, is it a chance  to make
> the Fedora Core 4 to re-issue a newer version to release 2 or like
> Fedora Core 4.1? So lots of people can install it ?
>

> Because in past, I noted that when a new vserion release, we
> encountered lots of installation problem and requested to release a
> newer version in installation but igroned.
>
> So, is it a time to perform this action ? Just like M$ to tell users
> to replace the computer and installed the OS?

Yeah, I would love to see this. Generally everyone either uses a
workaround, or uses a supplied fixed boot iso. But a fixed boot iso
isn't a proper cd 1. All the really need to release is a modified cd 1,
and then a new SHA1SUM. They could put it under updates/4/(arch)/iso.

I have already run into two installer issues. One has a simple but far
from obvious workaround. The other I gave up on and ended up having to
do a fresh install of Fedora Core after I backed up the data from the
FC3 installation.