FC3 upgrade to FC4

Robert Buick robert.buick at btconnect.com
Sun Jun 19 18:36:43 UTC 2005

After a successful & trouble free FC4 upgrade of my RH9 box I decided to
upgrade my dual-boot Inspiron 8500 notebook from FC3 to FC4 and now have
a couple of immediate problems.

1)Whilst upgrading I used the default Boot Loader Configuration option
i.e. 'Update boot loader configuration' instead of 'Skip boot loader
updating' and consequently cannot now boot to Windows. Any ideas how
this can be rectified?

2) I am also unable to get the NVIDIA drivers to install using the
latest NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1 drivers and download of the
kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm (installed as root).

Thanks for your time.

Rob Buick