Screensavers for FC4?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 03:24:50 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 09:23:05PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>>Bottom line: while the xscreensaver program remains part of Core, the
>>>individual screensaver programs are now moved to Extras.
>>>

>>The packages are distributed with FC4 on the installation discs and are
>>still located in core. I believe the upstream xscreensaver is split in
>>such a way also. Base, extras and gl-extras.
>>Since the programs are all compiled at the same time, you would want to
>>keep them located in the same repostory for maintainng a uniform build.
>>

>Yeah -- I guess in hindsight putting "extras" in the package name is a bit
>confusing.

I get confused with all of the extras (repos or package enhancements)
myself.

Not as confused by xscreensavers as with automount. There are two
instances, one /net and the other /misc. Disk mountpoints do not match
the device names.

Jim

automount(pid2318) on /misc type autofs
(rw,fd=4,pgrp=2318,minproto=2,maxproto=4)
automount(pid2365) on /net type autofs
(rw,fd=4,pgrp=2365,minproto=2,maxproto=4)
/dev/hdc on /media/cdrecorder type udf (ro,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,user=jim)
/dev/sda1 on /media/usbdisk3 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,user=jim)
/dev/sda2 on /media/usbdisk2 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,user=jim)
/dev/sda3 on /media/usbdisk1 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,user=jim)