FC4 Installation Problem with Sata Drive

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 20 16:35:46 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 20.06.2005 schrieb Ahmed Abdel-Aliem um 18:13:

> i downloaded the FC4 Iso CDs, burned them, and when i booted from the
> 1st CD everything went smoothly in the anaconda wizard, and i choosed
> all the suitable configurations, and the partitions info,
> and before the installation process begins i got this error :
> "error informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sda7.
> device or resource busy, this means linux won't know about any changes
> you may made to /dev/sda7 untill oyu reboot, so you shouldn't mount it
> in anyway before rebooting."
> then the installation exits.
> can anyone plz help me with this and tell me what is wrong that may
> cause this type of problem.

> Ahmed Abdel-Aliem

If you start installation again and then being again in Disk Druid:
won't you see the previously arranged partitions? I think so. All you
need to do is to leave them as they are and just to edit them, by
choosing the filesystem, that the partitions shall be formatted and -
most important - choosing the mountpoint. Give it a try.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:33:21 up 27 days, 17:11, load average: 0.01, 0.08, 0.08