grub very strange problems

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 03:19:20 UTC 2005

The problem I'm having right now is that grub starts in the shell, as
if no grub.conf existed... but there it is... and it seems to be ok.

If I type all the commands as they are in the grub.conf I can boot fine.

The last time I tried doing "grub-install /dev/hdc3" and boilá... now
grub didn't loaded, it stayed at stage 1.5 with the message "Error
15", nothing else. All the stage files were there.

I tried everything and I couldn't solve that error, so I reinstalled
Fedora... everything worked fine. Then I did a yum update and the next
time I booted and I'm having again the first problem I stated.

I don't want to run grub-install again without first having some ideas
about what the hell could be happening.

A possible reason for this is that I'm using ReiserFS, but I hope I
won't get here the same old answer "you are on your own, Fedora
doesn't support ReiserFS" because now there is no reason to don't
support it, all I want is some help.

--
Felipe Contreras