misc questions

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 05:06:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 00:40 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:

> 4) Is acroread 7 available anywhere? I can't seem to find it on any
> repository. I did check out evince, and it's fine, but I need to give
> slide-show presentations and acroread is the tool for that.

google acroread linux rpm and you'll find it.
It's not in any repositories AFAIK (and if it is, probably against
Adobe's wishes)

> 5) On a laptop on which I just installed FC4, the Ctrl key is not in the
> right place (that's a sin!), i.e. in the lower left corner. In it's place
> is the Fn key. Is it possible to swap the two? I ran xev and it does see
> the Ctrl key, but it does not see Fn, so I suspect it's not possible, but
> I asked anyway.

My laptop is same way (Thinkpad) - you will get use to it, but I think
there is an app called "funkeys" or something that can swap them - I
think there's another tool too, xload or xkey or xmodmap or something
like that (I don't remember, been awhile) that might be able to do it.

I think it is xmodmap. It's what I use to use to swap backspace/delete

> 6) Is support for dxr3 included in FC4?

I think it might be in rpm.livna.org

> 7) I'm sad to see things like gv go (hopefully pan is coming back), but
> I'm "happy" to see that I have 40M of japanese fonts. Is the tetex-xdvi
> dependency to japanese fonts really necessary? Can that be removed?

Maybe you secretly want to learn Japanese and just don't know it? ;)