Fedora Core 4 on Vmware help needed

bozidar at mt.net.mk bozidar at mt.net.mk
Wed Jun 22 13:16:49 UTC 2005

I have been laboring with the installation of FC4 for the past 3 days on Vmware with ZERO success.I have downloaded the FC4 DVD and CD ISO images, and verified the checksums.I tried to install FC4 on Vmware virtual machine, using first on GSX Server, then on Workstation 4.5 and finally on Workstation 5.0. On all three platforms i get the same problems:When using the DVD ISO image, the installer claims that there is no Installation CDWhen using the CD ISO image, anaconda fails miserably with message "install exited abnormally"I tried the following options on boot:linux ide=nodmalinux noprobelinux nofblinux textNothing works.Please, this is becoming truly ridiculous, especially since i have installed FC2, RHEL, WhiteBox Linux  without any problems on all these vmware versions