System tray utility?

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:57:31 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Frank Pineau <frank at pineaus.com> wrote:
> In winders, I use a little utility called IconCorral.  I can give it an
> executable name or a window title, and whenever I minimize the named
> application, it removes the taskbar entry and moves it to the system tray (next
> to the clock) with a little icon.  It's nice because then I can have lots of
> apps running in the background, with quick access, without cluttering up my
> taskbar.  Is there anything like that for linux in general or Gnome under FC4 in
> particular?

Kind of, at least in GNOME.  It's called "Window Selector" and you can
add it to your panel in the usual way (right-click on the panel and
select "Add to Panel...".  It displays a little icon of the currently
focused application and when you click on it it displays the title and
icon of all open windows.  You can use it in place of the taskbar.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves