various missing packages in FC4

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at cablespeed.com
Thu Jun 23 01:06:08 UTC 2005

Besides pan, which now everybody knows, where did gv and gtkam go?
Is there a replacement for gtkam? Or do I leave my pictures on the camera?

Also, what's the scoop with mixing repositories? I'd really like mplayer,
transcode, dvdauthor, ffmpeg, but the only place I can find them is
ayo.freshrpms.net. If I can't get these from 3rd party repositories, can
there be non-fedora, but fedora-compatible multimedia repository?

And what's up with apt?

[root at orion ~]# up2date apt
 -- a whole bunch of junk that I don't care about --
Installing...

[root at orion ~]# rpm -q apt
apt-0.5.15cnc7-2
[root at orion ~]# apt-get update
Fetching list of repositories/mirrors...
E: Failed to fetch mirror list file: