X server not reponding

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Jun 23 11:57:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 13:49, dev.loop at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> On 6/23/05, Dan Track <dan.track at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As an update to the email below, I'd just like to say that what I
> > wan't to achieve is to allow ssh -X to work.
>
> Now, you got me totally confused: Your goal is to have X apps running
> via ssh on a remote desktop, but you are trying to connect via telnet
> ???????

I don't get the telnet stuff either... just forget about that Dan.

Anyway, on the remote host where you'd like to run X applications from
make sure that you have

    X11Forwarding yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Then just do a 'service sshd restart'. If that
doesn't work, try to give a better description of what you're actually
trying to achieve and how.

--
Tarjei