Yum Update Problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 23 18:47:45 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 23.06.2005 schrieb William Steibel um 20:39:

> >2) You have an old (from FC3) yum setup for livna.org which points to a
> >non existing repository directory. I guess that is the case.
> >rpm.livna.org changed and stable | testing | unstable does not exist any
> >longer.
>
> >Alexander
>
> That is the problem, I am using an FC3 yum.conf file that FC4 installed.
> Where can I get an FC4 yum.conf file?
> Bill

Wrong concept. It even was obsolete with FC3 for quite some time. Do not
touch /etc/yum.conf but configure repositories in single repo files in
/etc/yum.repos.d/. Some repositories offer specific rpm packages which
bring you this setup and the needed gpg key, like rpm.livna.org:

rpm -Uvh
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/livna-release-4-0.lvn.2.4.noarch.rpm

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:45:49 up 2 days, 5:00, load average: 0.09, 0.16, 0.27