Yum repros wanted

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Fri Jun 24 22:03:16 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Many of the packages in Extras started life as SRPMs from other repos
> such as Dag's and Axel's. It would be great if Dag & Axel would submit
> their own packages for inclusion in Extras too.

I hope dag does not push his stuff into Extras.  According to what I
have read on the Fedora Legacy list, Extras will not be updated by
fedora-legacy when Fedora EOL's it so once that happens Extras will
become stagnant and not even get security fixes.  The Dag repo is always
updated to the latest and greatest versions of packages even for very
old distros.