ATI binary driver

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jun 26 14:01:28 UTC 2005

Am So, den 26.06.2005 schrieb Mike Chambers um 15:10:

> OK, I have installed ATI's latest driver from their website on a FC4 +
> updates system, and it works like a champ (I guess, least glxgears seems
> to run and faster then the open source driver).  Now, if a new kernel is
> released to updates for FC4, does the ATI driver need to be reinstalled
> against this newer kernel, as in do it again just like I did the first
> time?

> Mike Chambers

Each kernel module is kernel specific. So in general you will always
have to recompile the module which comes from external resources if you
changed your kernel, i.e. by updating to a newer one.
I can't tell you how the ATI driver software handles rebuilding.

Alexander

Serendipity 15:59:31 up 22:51, 17 users, 0.05, 0.07, 0.02